A chemical peel uses a safe blend of chemicals to exfoliate the skin, eliminating imperfections and enhancing skin tone and texture. At Layton Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, we offer this and other rejuvenation treatments to residents of Houston, Sugar Land and San Antonio, TX.
What is a Chemical Peel?
A chemical peel is a rejuvenation treatment much like a facial. However, a chemical peel uses a blend of gentle chemicals to exfoliate the outermost layers of skin. These treatments are most often used on the face to address signs of aging and other cosmetic skin concerns. They can also be used on the neck, hands, and upper chest. Chemical peels are a popular treatment solution because they are completely non-invasive, and can address a range of cosmetic concerns, including:
- Lines, wrinkles, and age spots
- Sun damage and skin discoloration
- Poor skin tone or texture
- Acne and acne scars
How Much Does a Chemical Peel Cost?
The cost of your chemical peel will depend on the treatment chosen. If you need help determining the chemical peel treatment that is best for you, Dr. Layton can help you find the right treatment during your consultation. The cost of our chemical peels are as follows:
- Light Peels: $150
- Medium Peels: $175
- Deep Peels: $800 to $1,200
What Kinds of Chemical Peels Are Available?
Layton Aesthetic Plastic Surgery offers several general chemical peels of varying strengths, including a peel designed specifically for acne-prone skin. We also offer the following unique chemical peel treatments:
· The Perfect Derma Peel — The Perfect Derma Peel works from the inside to repair and nourish the skin by giving it a radiant glow, refining pores, improving skin hyperpigmentation, lifting melasma, controlling acne, and preventing acne marks. Most importantly, the Glutathione element of The Perfect Derma Peel defies the aging process. Glutathione penetrates deep into the cellular level of the skin to fight oxidant damage and is the anti-aging answer to premature wrinkling. The Perfect Derma Peel works for any ethnicity and has different strengths by adding boosters (Plus Booster and Clear Booster), so you can advance to a stronger peel as the need arises.
· Layton Skin Bright Peel — The Layton Skin Bright Peel is primarily used for the treatment of hyperpigmentation and melasma. This peel is formulated to stimulate collagen, improve skin tone and texture, reduce fine lines and wrinkles, and reduce hyperpigmentation.
How Will My Skin Look After a Chemical Peel?
Each patient’s skin reacts differently to chemical treatments. Patients may experience some degree of redness and sensitivity in the skin, depending on the length of time that the peel was on the skin. Most patients find that their skin begins to peel about five to 10 days after their treatment, although this can also vary by patient. After this point, any redness should be completely faded and you will begin to notice results from your treatment.
When Will I Notice Results from My Chemical Peel?
The timeline of your results will depend on the type of chemical peel performed and the type of skin damage being treated. Patients typically notice brighter skin within a few days of their chemical peel treatment, but it can take between one and two months for the full results to become visible. We may recommend multiple treatment sessions, which typically involves three chemical peel sessions each about one month apart.
To determine which chemical peel treatment is best for you, contact us today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Layton. At Layton Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, we welcome patients from Houston, Kerrville, Sugar Land, and the nearby areas of Texas.